Monday, June 19, 2006

This is not about Democrats and it is not about Republicans - it is about good government. Send me to Congress, and I will make you proud.”

CARNEY CAMPAIGN KICKS-OFF IN WILLIAMSPORT




Carney Introduces Republican and Democratic Co-Chairs

Williamsport, PA-Chris Carney kicked-off his campaign for U.S. Congress today at the Herman T. Schneebeli Federal Building in Williamsport. Campaign Co-Chairs Susan S. Belin (R-Waverly) and Marvin Rudnitsky (D-Selinsgrove) introduced Carney to the crowd.
“As [Congressman] Herm Schneebeli’s daughter, I know what personal integrity in public office means. I know what it means to be responsible to the people who have elected you, to respect and to represent the values of the people of your district,” said Republican Co-Chair Susan S. Belin.... "I’m happy to report to the people in my home town that my principles are stronger than my party loyalty. Don Sherwood does not represent my personal or political values. That’s why I am supporting Chris Carney,” said Belin.

“I am running for Congress because our interests and our values have not been represented in Washington,” said Chris Carney. “This is not about Democrats and it is not about Republicans - it is about good government. Send me to Congress, and I will make you proud.”
Throughout his life, Chris Carney has served his community and his country. Chris has served as a first responder, working his way through college as an EMT.
Currently a Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve, Chris Carney served multiple tours overseas and was activated for operations Enduring Freedom, Noble Eagle, and Southern Watch.
After 9/11, Chris served at the Pentagon as an intelligence analyst and senior advisor on intelligence and counterterrorism issues. He coordinated counterterrorism activities in the Middle East and was a key figure the Pentagon’s effort to destroy international terrorist networks.

No comments: