Thursday, May 31, 2007

I don't get it

The news that Fred Thompson will run for President has some of my Republican friends all-a-flutter. What's so special about him? He helped bring down Nixon as counsel to the Senate Watergate Committee then became a big time lobbyist before serving one uneventful term in the Senate. He voted for the campaign finance reform bill that they all hate McCain for. He's best known for his roll in the Law and Order TV series which I've never seen. The only movie I do remember him in was The Hunt for Red October. Not exactly as stirring a performance as Ronald Reagan in Hellcats of the Navy. But after watching the performance of the present field I can understand them wanting something else. Sorry guys, nothing short of digging up Saint Ronny and nominating him is going to save the White House for you in 2008.

No comments: