Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday pet blogging

Stinky Dog



Last week's adventure involved Humphrey trying to make friends with a skunk. The skunk was having none of it and expressed his displeasure in the usual way. This happened at 1AM on Friday which required the dog to spend the rest of the night outside much to his chagrin. Forget tomato juice this mixture of peroxide, baking soda and dish soap works much better. But nothing eliminates the smell totally it just takes time to wear off. When I gave him the bath he didn't act like I was going to kill him like he usually does. A week later after a second bath and new collar he doesn't stink anymore.














Ptolemy thought the whole thing was pretty funny.

Other pet blogs this week got exotic. Northern Girl gives us a view of life on the farm with cats, dogs, goats and horses with the added bonus of the wheat harvest. Patricia has been feeding stray cats and box turtles.

1 comment:

pissed off patricia said...

Yep, if it's wild and hungry, it knows where I live.

When I worked at the wildlife hospital, I got sprayed by a little skunk. On my way home from work I had to stop at a high end dept store to pick up a gift for someone. You should have seen the looks I got as I passed the ladies in the perfume dept. I understand your dog's problem all too well.

Have a great weekend