Saturday, January 26, 2008

Barack Obama wins South Carolina


All 3 networks have called the race for Obama with Hillary coming in 2nd. When you look at the South Carolina exit polls he won across the spectrum of age, income, education with the only bump being race but he took a quarter of the white vote with Edwards winning a plurality. I have to disagree with some of my learned friends because I think this thing will will not be settled on Super Tuesday and PA still may be the showdown state on both sides.
Thanks to Oliver for the pic. And if your a fan of Oliver Willis like me he tells us:
I'll be appearing on this webcast from the Brave New Films folks at about 8:20pm EST tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gort, I still have to respectfuly disagree with you. Even if Super Tuesday does not clinch the Democratic nomination for Hillary, it will put her well on her way. Barakck's win on Saturday was impressive, but Hillary is the establishment candidate and they are the ones that win. Anyway it will definately be over on that side before PA comes up to vote. And on the Republican side, it looks like it's tightening up with Romney as the nominee. McCain does good in open primary states when independants can vote, but he does not draw republicans and this is going to hurt him in closed primary states. And Gulliani I do beleive is going to shoot himself in the foot with concentrating all on Florida in hopes for momentum into Super Tuesday. The republican's might not have their nominee by the time it comes for us to vote, but I highly doubt it. Before April comes around I am confident that both sides will have their nominees and I am confident that those nominees will be Clinton and Romney.

Anonymous said...

IT WILL PROBABLY BE MITT IN FLORIDA AS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY CALLED IT--BUT I HOPE THAT I AM WRONG. CLINTON AND EDWARDS TOOK A GREAT CHUNK OF THE WHITE VOTE IN SC WHICH PRETTY MUCH LABELS OBAMA AS THE RACIAL CANDIDATE (REMEMBER THAT JESSE JACKSON WON SC BACK IN THE 80'S--SO THE OBAMA WIN DOES NOT IMPRESS). THE CLINTON MACHINE WAS QUITE SUCCESSFUL IN PLAYING THE RACE CARD; WE WILL HAVE TO SEE IF AFRICAN AMERICANS WILL BE FORGIVING IN THE GENERAL ELECTION.