Sunday, September 25, 2011

Some photos from Blogfest

I decided to do a separate post with a few pictures from Blogfest as I was inspired by LuLac's IN FOCUS feature but nothing can top Yonk's Angels. I lifted a few of these from PittstonPolitics.com Photo Bucket. Note to my friend Joe V., we don't have a spending problem we have an unemployment problem.












The turnout was great again despite the crummy weather. A big thanks to Gene Rooney and his staff for another outstanding job.








Libertarian candidate for Mayor of Wilkes-Barre Betsy Summers with an old Young Democrat Bob Caruso. Bob and I were in the YD's a few years back and I consider him one of my political mentors. We had backing from the boss at the time, Senator Marty Murray. My local committeeman Thomas Shibula and Mike Szustak are now leaders in the organization.






Republican nominee for Mayor of Wilkes-Barre Lisa Cope with Democratic Luzerne County Council nominee Michelle Bednar and friend. The great thing about Blogfest is that party labels are left at the door. Everybody has a good time.















Local blogger Karla Porter did a great job during the latest flood crises setting up a Facebook page that kept us up to date while filtering out rumors that were not true. Duke from Dallas can be heard on WILK in the week's he hasn't been banned by Bosco or Sue. Karin Spak does great work with the Fresh Air Fund. My friend Harry Haas is a Republican candidate for Luzerne County Council.




















James O'Meara, Sr. is running as a Republican candidate for commissioner in the Democratic
stronghold of Plains Township. It's about time we elect a Republican in my little burgh. Michelle Hryvnak Davies has been the driving force in reviving NEPA Blogs that DB Echo started a few years ago and I have slacked off on updating. Her tech savy and enthusiasm has helped the site become something of a media sensation with radio appearances and a regular gig on WBRE.







Judge candidate Molly Mirabito talks with 11th CD candidate Bill Vinsko with County Council candidate Rick Morelli in the background. Morelli has a big job ahead of him, he helped write the charter and if elected has to make it work.



















Mike Vough is a double nominee for the Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas but that doesn't mean he isn't out there asking for every vote. Next to him is one of my favorite people in politics, Patrick Murphy. As a Congressman he wrote the legislation to amend the UCMJ to end the DADT policy and is now running for PA Attorney General. The weather was terrible as he was coming up the interstate and could have easily bailed on the event but he kept his promise to me. Thank you Pat. On the end is Bill Vinsko who is the only announced candidate so far for the Democratic nomination in the 11th CD taking on Lou Barletta.
We don't even know what the district will look like yet but he decided to get out there early instead of playing it safe.



I don't have the time to link and label everything in the last 2 posts that I think violates some sort of blogger rule that someone invented without asking any bloggers for input.


My apologises.











1 comment:

David Yonki said...

You and I have to sit down with Valenti and school him on local employment vs. spending actions of the government. By the way the highlight of the night came when a local employee of an economic development agency told me the unemployment "picture is not as bad as they make it out to be". I guess the bar is so low we should be proud of a 10.5% unemployment rate.