Thursday, May 11, 2006

117th District

James May had a LTE published in the CV:

I was disheartened when “dirty politics as usual” surfaced within my race for state representative. One candidate allowed a letter to circulate urging union Democrats to temporarily switch parties for the primary and vote for her on the GOP ticket—in effect, stuffing the ballot box. Another campaign sued to get opponents out of the race, rather than facing them at the polls. Tim Carroll and I were charged with deliberately hiding from the record what we pride ourselves on: his work as borough mayor and my own service in the United States Army. While the Pennsylvania Supreme Court correctly returned Tim onto the ballot in a split decision recently, they upheld the lower court’s decision keeping me off on a technicality.

Voters tell me they are sick and tired of the current political culture. My fellow veterans did not sacrifice themselves for this type of political shenanigans.

The other Republicans in the race are: Karen Boback, Stanford Davis, Michael McCormick, Ed Sichler, Eugene Stavitzski and Randy Tomasacci. The winner will face Democrat Fred Nichols in the fall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch this May fellow. He's a top 2 or 3 finisher, even despite being a write-in candidate! He's dynamic and organized.

Anonymous said...

GO TIM CARROLL!