Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tony Soprano agrees with that Senator Sanatorium


I guess this was a hard act to follow for the Democratic candidates.

PDN: SEN. RICK Santorum and HBO's fictional mob boss Tony Soprano have a lot in common.

On Sunday night's episode of "The Sopranos," Tony (James Gandolfini) told his shrink Dr. Melfi (Lorraine Bracco) that when it comes to homosexuality, he agrees with "that Sen. Sanatorium, who says if we let this stuff go too far, pretty soon we'll be f---ing dogs."

Santorum, several years back, made similar remarks, only he used more delicate language than Tony did. We called Santorum's office yesterday to ask if he was flattered about getting a shout-out on a popular show. Apparently not. "We're not gonna dignify that comment by commenting on it," said Santorum communications director Rob Traynham.
There also was a reference to Santorum on a recent "Veronica Mars" episode on UPN, in which a student blackmailing gay students used the alias "Rick Santorum."
Possibly the longest-lasting pop-culture reference to Santorum is that of sex columnist Dan Savage(carried here in Philadelphia Weekly), who started what's become a popular campaign to use the senator's surname to describe a byproduct of anal sex.


Santorum Exposed has the video link.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm angrier than John Wayne and Chuck Conners on Brokeback Mountain over the way the Commie that runs this site continues to degrade the reputation of our sainted Sen. Santorum!!! In my day the homos knew how to keep it a secret; they would keep it in the back (room that is) and no one was bothered by it--and they loved it!!! Nowadays I can't even take my wife Thelma Jean to the mall without seeing the blatant sin of the queers shoved into our faces!!! And while I'm at it--to the Commie Che Guevara, Fidel Castro, Chinese COmmunist lover who hosts this deplorable site--We've got one of those funny boys in my neck of the woods and if he comes within an inch of my Bulldog Max he will be losing his ticket to Brokeback Mountain--if you know what I mean--through the courtesy of Thelma Jean's garden shears!!!! GOD I HATE THE WAY YOU COMMIES ARE DESTROYING OUR SAINTED SENATOR SANTORUM AND OUR BELOVED AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LVDem said...

I love that my beloved Back Mountain Uncle Don has finally learned how to use the internet.

Odd thing is that I swear I heard him say the same damn thing at a family funeral last year... you know, the one where he opened a beer during the eulogy. I really wish I was making this up, but I'm not.