Sunday, July 16, 2006

This work thing is screwing up the summer again

I'll be back to politics soon. What is the point of working all of your life if you can't enjoy the fruits of your labor while you are fit enough to enjoy it? I remember seeing things on TV when I was a kid promising a less labor intensive future saying we will all have more free time. As far as I can tell people are working more hours than ever before. Maybe there should be a way to take off some time when you are 35-45. At 35 hopefully you have learned some of lifes lessons and when you get to 45 you realize your physical skills are not what they used to be. When I was younger I was a work-a-holic and I always found myself in a constant dilemma. When I had some money to enjoy myself I didn't have the time, when I had the time I didn't have the money. Things haven't changed much. So what is the alternative? When I check my email I get a lot of offers. I can work at home if I buy a few thousand dollars of supplies. A very nice man from Nigeria told me a heart wrenching story about his father dying and requested my help retrieving the family fortune. Apparently I have won several lotteries and I only have to forward the taxes to claim such fortunes. And I play the PA lottery. I guess I'm going to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gort,
I'm 44 and as a candidate for the statehouse in the 134th, I think that everyone should be allowed to take a years vacation, WITH PAY, between 40 and 45.
Hell, Whaddaya say we introduce that bill in the house, you think the Republicans will vote for it?
No, probably not, they would require a minimum wage, they would probably restrict it to corporate employees who make at least $500,000 a year!!