Thursday, August 05, 2010

Weekend events

Me and Mrs. G will be attending a wedding on Saturday then leave for Rehoboth Beach on Sunday so we will not be able to attend these events with our friends.

BTW, can anyone recommend a good beach read? I'm looking for a funny novel.


GOP Family Picnic

Harteis Farm, Dallas Township

The outing is to be held from 1 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 7, at Harteis Farm in Dallas Township....This is a great chance to meet the candidates, catch up with friends and enjoy a summer day at a beautiful site. Gerry Harteis has again graciously offered his lovely horse farm for this annual event.

I attended last year and enjoyed it very much. I hope Moses is still around to greet the guests. It would be interesting to see if Prothonotary Carollee Medico-Oligarchy and Art Bobbouine make an appearance.

Update: Bob Sypniewski informed me today that Moses passed away. He also had some choice words about Carolee. I will be talking to him after I get back from the beach and will give you a full report.

On Sunday NEPA PrideFest 2010 will be held at Kirby Park in Wilkes-Barre


Sunday · 12:00pm - 6:00pm

Location F.M. Kirby Park
301 Northampton Street
Kingston, PA

NEPA PrideFest brings together the entire gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community with supporters and allies from the Greater Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, and Poconos region of Pennsylvania.

I would like to see who attends both events.





8 comments:

Pope George Ringo said...

"Confederacy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole.

Gort said...

Already read it. It was laugh out loud book.

Anonymous said...

Not sure what sort of novels you're looking for besides funny. When I go to the beach, and generally during the summer, I like a good escape read. Here are some recommendations:

Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series (Some humor, but absolutely ADDICTING!)

Mercedes Lackey's "500 Kingdoms" series (These are hilarious!)

"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" (Maybe, as an English Major, I found this funnier than most.)

"Wonderful" by Jill Barnett (Another really funny book.)

Robert Aspirin's "Myth" series

Another suggestion: Avoid anything from Oprah's Book Club. Those tend to be tear-jerkers. But I only cry because they're so boring. :P

D.B. Echo said...

Every book I have taken to the beach has come back unread. My eyes were otherwise occupied. But you're a married man, so a book will be safer.

Anonymous said...

If you are going to the Republican picnic - DO NOT BRING A NEWSPAPER - Linda Stets Urban may be there!!! Crime prevention means no newspapers!!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Anonymous, this article isn't even related to Linda. Were you that frustrated that Gort didn't write about Linda that you felt the need to make a catty remark?

Allow me to suggest a book for you, Anonymous: "Starting from Scratch: How to Correct Behavior Problems in Your Adult Cat"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Grr. Stupid computer froze and published my last comment before I was finished with it and had to delete.

What I forgot to mention is that the author for "Starting from Scratch" is Pam Johnson-Bennett.