Sunday, September 02, 2007

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Is nothing sacred. I picked this up from Mark: I see they are working on a remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still, one of my all-time favorite sci-fi movies. It will star Keanu Reeves as Klaatu. And the menacing robot, Gort, will be played by none other than Rosie O’Donnell. I’ll be at Movies 14 when this one premieres, although, sans the necessary Junior Mints.
What next, a remake of the Wizard of OZ? Sorry guys it's going to be hard to top the original. Some things should just be left alone. According to IMDB and First Showing it will come out in May 2008.

3 comments:

Bernie O'Hare said...

Gort, One of the best flicks ever made. I liked the "neighborhood" feeling, believe it or not, from that boy growing up in D.C. It's har to imagine that now, except in a very small town. And Gort just scared the shit out of me.

D.B. Echo said...

Man, if they remade The Wizard of Oz, maybe they would have Michael Jackson as the scarecrow. Oh, wait...

Actually I thought I just heard about a remake of The Wizard of Oz set in contemporary times. I'll have to see what I can find out.

Gort said...

I forgot about The Wiz. It was made in 1978.