Thursday, September 27, 2007

John Scott for Congress

I don't know much about this guy. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was state senator in New Jersey then moved to our neck of the woods.


Friends,

After thoughtful discussion with my family and local and national Republican leaders, I filed the necessary papers with the Federal Election Commission to become a candidate Congress in the 10th Congressional District. I believe we must have representation in Washington that will stand up to the bureaucrats and be willing to withstand the pressures of entrenched special interests. Democrats will be nasty and ready to spend whatever it takes to keep this seat. That is why I am asking for your support today.

Working families deserve better than liberal Chris Carney. He and his Democrat cronies mock the values that our brave soldiers fight to protect, and will destroy our economy if given the chance. This is a Republican district and we must take it back now.


In recent weeks, I have met with Republican leaders in Washington and around our district. As a former State Senator, I have withstood attack after attack and won in a heavily Democratic district.


I am running for Congress because we need a representative dedicated to protecting our shared conservative values. My proven record as a former State Senator shows that I have not compromised my principles to be an effective legislator. Based on my proven record of protecting our Constitutional rights, I will be the highest rated candidate by the NRA in this race.

Thank you,


Hon. John P. Scott

That makes 3 declared Republican candidates in the 10th CD in PA. The other 2 are Don Ely and Chris Hackett.

Still no websites.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate politics. I want my husband back.

Anonymous said...

Is this the same John Scott who was so involved with the Madeira campaign? If so, interesting

Anonymous said...

Just check this guy out. Has stellar record in NJ Senate. Defied dems and won big in dem district.

Anonymous said...

Where are all the "carpetbagger" comments?
Meuser was an issue because he lived 250 feet from the district border. This guy lived in Jersey and moved to the Poconos so he's exempt from the same scrutiny??
Come on Hackett people, get on the ball if you want Chris to win. Or was his bid to run just "temp"orary?

Anonymous said...

the guy is not a carpetbager, he has lived in the poconos for a few years. He did not move to run for office considering the fact he moved pre strangle.
He was asked to run for state rep in a 2005 speacil election and turned it down as he did the 20th senate seat. I would not consider Mueser a Carpet bagger, maybe just a district shopper, but he should live in his current home and not move, it would make a small issue worse.

Anonymous said...

Scott ran Madeira's campaign in '06. Both are great guys. Also Scott was born in Wilkes-Barre and has lived in Pike County for over 6 years.

Anonymous said...

Bill's right, meuser moving only makes the situation worse. Scott is a solid Republican - what will Madeira do now? But clearly, John Scott is not a carpetbagger - living in the district before making a decision to run is the factor in my mind.

Anonymous said...

The carpetbagger primary. How appropriate for the party that forgot Lincoln.