Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Beer Summit

The Blogfather has sent out the call to the local Blogosphere to meet this Saturday at a local corner bar in Wilkes-Barre to solve all the worlds problems.


... at or before 6 pm on Saturday, I will be taking up residence at the Leisure Tavern right here in the Nord End.

It has a large enough bar, plenty of ESPN, a side room, a pool table and a jukebox. And have no fear, a few members of the WBPD usually take up a bar stool at the conclusion of the 2-10 shift. Well, have no fear unless you have outstanding warrants.

Leisure Tavern
553 N Pennsylvania Ave
Wilkes Barre, PA
18705
570-823-3883


I haven't been in the place in years so it will be good to prowl around the old neighborhood. We can also plan our next mega-meetup involving bloggers and politicians before the fall election. The last one was a runaway success.
.

We are awaiting a ruling from Pope George Ringo to sanction this event as an official gathering of the Saturday OT Committee and Operatic Society.

2 comments:

Austin said...

I will be at the dem's state committee meeting. We should catch up sometime. I will be at the mega meetup.

NEPAsarge said...

Gort42,
I will try to be there. I am coming from visiting my father in the Philadelphia area. What time will it last till? If I don't make it I will definately make the next one. Stay strong, and thanks to all our veterans!

NEPAsarge