Saturday, December 27, 2008

YouTube weekend

Dana is horrified that Barry ordered a spam musubi for lunch the other day. I have a rule for new food. I'll try anything once, twice if I like it and 3 times if I can't decide but this even gives me pause...spam musubi, a local luncheon specialty, consists of spam and a fried egg on a bed of rice, all held together with a dried seaweed wrap. It sounds disgusting but the next time I'm in Hawaii I will try one. Dana has included a video of how to make the thing but I'm surprised he didn't include this classic. I don't like spam.


Monty Python - Spam



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm less horrified that Mr Obama ordered a spam musubi for lunch than I am by the fact that such a thing exists at all.

As it happens, my father's people are from Hawaii -- Maui, actually -- and I've never heard of this abomination. Of course, I haven't seen any of them since I was in the second grade!

If my darling bride and I were told we could only have one type of cuisine for the rest of our lives, the choice would be made immediately: Japanese! And this spam musubi is Satan's great insult to Japanese food!

Anonymous said...

Our esteemed host wrote:

I have a rule for new food. I'll try anything once,

I believe that if someone came up to me with a [insert vulgar slang term for feces here] sandwich, and told me that it was really good and I should at least try it, I would still decline, politely, of course.

Big Dan said...

One of the all time greatest comedy skits: the SPAM skit!