Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ciavarella: "I never took a dime for sending a kid away."

WNEP has an interview with former Judge mark Ciavarella where he apologizes for his conduct then contends that he didn't do anything wrong in his dealings with juvenile defendants.


"I mean, I had the greatest job in the world. It was the best job anybody could ever have and I screwed it up. I the one who did it. I have myself to blame for that, nobody else. I'm sorry that I brought such shame to the bench. There's a lot of good people who sit on the Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas who don't deserve to be tarnished by what I did. Unfortunately they do get tarnished for that and that's wrong. They didn't do anything wrong. I did, they didn't," the former judge added. "I pled guilty to an honest service fraud, pled guilty to some tax matters. I did not plead guilty to cash for kids or quid pro quo or extortion."

Watch the whole thing, it's really something.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZ15n6_5JY