Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm back

After returning from California I had a few chores to do around the house, get over the jet lag and catch up on all the local political news of the past week. Now I'm tanned, rested and ready to dive right back in.

Home rule continues to be a hot topic and the 10th and 11th PA Congressional races are at the top of the lists of the most watched in the country. If the polling can be believed Joe Sestak is surging in his his race against Santorum. Dan Onorato is looking to scratch the 8 year itch and wild card Tim Mullen has the 120th State Rep race in a jumble with the help of Walter Griffith. Tarah Toohill had a funny ad that put Todd Eachus into panic pass mode. I just want to dispel any rumors that I flew to California on Robert Powell's private jet. Who the hell would let me on on a private jet or into a private club anyway? Finally, the big dog is coming to town to help out Kanjo.

I'll give you a full report on our adventures in San Diego over the weekend.

1 comment:

PoorRichard said...

Isn't it strange that the two people pushing this Charter the hardest are two people who authored it and said they are taking politics out of county government. I might believe that if they (Haggerty and Morelli) didn't appoint themselves to the first year transition Council. Looks like they are promoting themselves so they can be elected to a full term next year. I just can't bring myself to vote for this Charter. I am strongly for Home Rule with changes to our way of governing but this Charter is just plain WRONG!