15 hours ago
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Never go grocery shopping when you are hungry
I ran to the store for a few things to prepare tonight's dinner. I somehow got carried away to the tune of $180. As I explained to Mrs. G we don't have to buy chips n' dip for months.
Labels: Life the universe everything
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Gort: Always make a list. And don't be afraid to work the circuit either. Wegmans, Price Chopper, Schiels, and Sunshine all in one loop. A few tips from a long time food shopper. I do the grocery runs while Mrs. LuLac cuts the grass, yeah we're an assbackward couple.
1. Never pay full price for brand name beverages and chips.
2. Buy fresh fruit and veggies in one store. And buy only what you need. Wegmans is higher in price but fresher in value.
3. Items like Klondike Bars, Snapple and Edy's Ice cream along with Hebrew National, Sabretts and Nathan's Hot Dogs are expensive except when on sale. Stockpile when reduced, they'll keep and you don't have to eat them all at once.
3. Buy your bread in a bakery and don't indulge in store bakeries. That'll cut down the cost.
4. Lunch meats and cheeses can be very expensive. Best buy Sunshine. But buy a 1/2 pound unless you're having a party. Lunch meats tend to get slimey after 5 days.
5. Avoid Tuesdays, Senior Citizens Days, the first of the month for obvious reasons, and talking to any woman 25 years your junior wearing a halter. It might seem like a sacrifice at first but it'll get you home sooner and keep you out of trouble.
Great advice but resisting you 3rd point in number 5 is not possible.
Post a Comment