Sunday, September 10, 2006

119th state legislative district

FAIRVIEW TWP. - Ed Sieminski knows he's an underdog campaigning against an eight-year incumbent in the overwhelmingly Democratic 119th state legislative district.
But everywhere he goes, Sieminski says, he gets tired of people complaining about the lack of jobs and rising property taxes.


"I know there are people in the community that are saying, 'Eddie, you can't win,' Sieminski said Saturday morning. "If I don't put my name up there, I certainly can't win.
"I'm hearing from people that they want a change. They're saying they can't pay their taxes anymore, public education needs to improve and economic development isn't bringing in jobs. Well, stop talking about it and do something about it."


"My opponent started eight years ago and he campaigned on creating jobs. I don't see the results," Sieminski said.

He favors more money for police and fire companies, spend more on education, opposes an expansion of gambling and wants to give seniors a tax break. Are seniors the only people who pay taxes? So in short he wants to spend more money while cutting taxes. It's funny that no politician, Democrat or Republican, ever tells you what spending he wants to cut.

Sieminski, a Republican from Fairview Township, is challenging Democratic state Rep. John Yudichak, who has held the seat since 1998.

No comments: