Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Voting

Mrs. Gort and I just got back from voting and sadly we were the only one's there when we cast our ballots. As stated earlier I voted no on the judges and cast yes votes for Carolee and Eric Knappman. We also had three offices up for election in our little township that were all unopposed. One of the offices up for election was tax collector and I don't understand why this is an elected position. Some of our tax collectors in Luzerne County have recently been convicted of not turning over the money. It's another bill, mail it in like you do with the electric, gas or water. I know I'm sounding like a broken record saying these positions shouldn't be elected and now I'm watching an ad for a guy who is running for tax collector in Scranton. TV ads cost money for a position that can't pay very well. You wonder about the motivation.

No comments: